Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Uh oh! B-2 Genesis video reveals a mock-up cockpit that may have been a secret stealth transport.



VIA : THE WAR ZONE:

Northrop Grumman recently released an awesome series of videos that detail the genesis of the B-2 Spirit—the world's first stealth bomber—via testimony from those who brought it to life. The videos also include a bunch of historical images and video taken during the flying wing bomber's development. One of these images grabbed my eye as it looked like no Advanced Technology Bomber—the program that gave birth to the B-2—cockpit concept I have ever seen. I reached out to Northrop Grumman about the puzzling photo and what I got back confirmed my suspicions.
In the previous article, in which I questioned the photo's origins, I wrote:


"Second is this image of the mock-up of a cockpit. The panel layout is vaguely similar to the one that made it into the B-2 but the B-2 has a two-crew side-by-side cockpit. Was this for a technology demonstrator that predated the actual B-2 itself? Maybe the single station was going to be mirrored for the actual aircraft, but there are other oddities. For instance, the panel is smaller, lacking the two lower side-by-side cathode ray multi-function displays. It also has a 'canopy severance' handle. The B-2 doesn't have a canopy but it does have hatches that its ejection seats fire through. A central windscreen support structure also seems to indicate that this is a single seat cockpit concept, or at least a tandem one..."

As I subsequently came to find out, the image made it into the B-2 video presentation by mistake—which would be incredibly easy to make. The photo in question doesn't belong to the B-2 program, at least not directly. Instead, it came about from a previously undisclosed program from the 1990s called the Special Operations Low-Intensity Combat Mission Aircraft.

Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Chinese spies charged for stealing jet engine tech ..

CNN; 

Two hack and infiltrate private companies over the course of five years in an attempt to steal the technology.
"This action is yet another example of criminal efforts by the MSS to facilitate the theft of private data for China's commercial gain," US Attorney Adam Braverman said in a statement.
"The concerted effort to steal, rather than simply purchase, commercially available products should offend every company that invests talent, energy, and shareholder money into the development of products."
The US Department of Justice statement does not explicitly state where Zha Rong and Chai Meng are presently located. The United States does not have an extradition treaty with China -- and if the men are in China, the Chinese government would be unlikely to give them up.
On Wednesday, China's Foreign Ministry spokesman Lu Kang dismissed the charges as "sheer fiction and completely fabricated."
Chinese intelligence officers have been charged by the United States Justice Department with trying to steal the details for a type of jet engine technology from US-based companies.Zha Rong and Chai Meng, intelligence officers with the Jiangsu provincial branch of the Ministry of State Security (MSS) in China, are accused of attempting to
READ MORE HERE

Friday, October 26, 2018

BREAKING; ARREST MADE IN MAIL POLITICAL PIPE BOMB CASE

(CNN)

Federal authorities have arrested a man in connection to the suspected explosive packages discovered this week, the Justice Department announced Friday. Multiple law enforcement sources told CNN the suspect is a man and that the arrest happened in South Florida.

No additional information was immediately available about the suspect.
Earlier Friday, authorities intercepted suspicious packages intended for Sen. Cory Booker and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper.
The packages are the latest to be sent to prominent Democrats and critics of President Donald Trump that were discovered earlier this week.

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Feds focusing on Florida in mail bomb investigation


By William K. Rashbaum, Alan Feuer and Adam Goldman
Oct. 25, 2018

Federal authorities investigating a spate of pipe bombs sent this week to several prominent critics of President Trump have turned their attention toward southern Florida, believing that a number of the explosive devices were mailed from the area, two people briefed on the matter said Thursday.

The focus on Florida came as law-enforcement officials around the country were scrambling for another day to respond to the mysterious and repeated discovery of the crude devices contained in similar packages. Three more devices were found in Delaware and New York, the F.B.I. said Thursday morning. Two were addressed to former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr., a Delaware resident, and a third to the actor Robert De Niro, who lives and works in Lower Manhattan.

All of the 10 packages that have been discovered since Monday bore return addresses from Debbie Wasserman Schultz, a Democratic congresswoman from Florida.

The continuing wave of bombs has prompted an intense, nationwide investigation into whether people who have criticized the president and been vilified by the right are being targeted. None of the devices has so far exploded on its own, and investigators have been trying to determine whether the devices were indeed capable of detonating.

Investigators are now focusing on Florida because an analysis of information collected by the United States Postal Service indicated that many of the packages were mailed from the state. The Postal Service records images of mail that comes into its system. As part of the investigation, officials have been searching those images in an effort to determine where the packages were sent from as well as to identify and catch any other possible explosive devices by the bomber or bombers.

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

BREAKING; Series of suspicious packages sent to Clintons, Obama and George Soros

HILLARY Clinton and former US President Barack Obama have been targeted in bomb scares after explosive devices were sent to their home and office.

The FBI said the suspicious package was found at the First Couple's residence in Westchester County in the suburbs of New York City, at 1am (local time) addressed to Hillary Clinton.
The device was discovered by a technician who screens mail for Bill and Hillary Clinton, according to officials.

It comes at the same time US secret services said it intercepted a suspicious package sent to Mr Obama's office in Washington just a few hours after the discovery at the Clinton's residence.

The FBI and ATF are investigating also investigating a explosive device discovered at a residence owned by billionaire philanthropist George Soros.

The device was found at around 3:45 p.m. Monday.

Police said an employee at the residence in the Katonah section of Bedford opened a package found in a mailbox. When it appeared to be an explosive device, the employee put the package in a wooded area and called 911.

“The officers did exactly what they were trained to do: Responded to the scene, set up a perimeter, contacted appropriate resources to further the investigation,” said Bedford Police Chief Melvin Padilla.

An official tells the Associate Press investigators are reviewing surveillance video to determine whether the package had been sent through the mail or otherwise delivered. Sources told CBS 2 officials believe the package was dropped off and not mailed. Sources also said the device was similar in nature to a pipe bomb.

Authorities detonated it as a precaution.The device was found at around 3:45 p.m. Monday.

A law enforcement official told the Associated Press the device “had the components” of an actual bomb, including explosive powder.

A suspicious package was sent to Eric Holder but it had the wrong address and was returned to Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s office in Florida because that was the return label on the package, according to two law enforcement sources.

The same return address was used for the Clinton and Obama suspicious packages.

Separately, the George Soros packages is believed to have been placed in the mailbox, not mailed, according to a separate law enforcement source.

Earlier today: A law enforcement source and a federal source briefed on the investigation into the Soros package said it had the return address of Wasserman Schultz, a prominent Democratic member of Congress.

Here's the list of suspicious packages so far:
  • George Soros: A suspicious package targeting the billionaire investor and philanthropist on Monday was rendered safe in Bedford, New York, a law enforcement source told CNN.
  • Hillary Clinton: The Secret Service intercepted a package addressed to the home of the 2016 Democratic presidential nominee in Westchester County, New York late Tuesday night.
  • Barack Obama: The Secret Service intercepted a suspicious package addressed to the former president early Wednesday morning at his home in Washington, D.C.
  • John Brennan: A package with an explosive device sent to CNN’s New York offices today was addressed to former CIA Director John Brennan, according to city and local law enforcement officials.
  • Debbie Wasserman Schultz: The Florida Democrat's office was evacuated after a suspicious package was found mailed there this morning, according to a police spokesman.
A US intelligence official tells CNN it is too early to tell whether there is a nexus to terrorism at this point regarding the suspicious packages sent to multiple locations.


LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin